Simply Brilliant Ideas for Education
Molding America’s future generation to reach their full potential by inspiring family values, promoting family involvement, and encouraging family learning.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Gertrude E. Skelly Charitable Foundation
Lattner Family Foundation
Conner’s Family Foundation
Support Our Mission
We NEED your Help!
We are requesting your support of S. B. Idea, Inc. in the Great Give 2016 on May 3rd , midnight to midnight. Please use the link below every local gift made during the 24hour period will be multiplied by additional dollars from a bonus pool raised by the Community Foundation.
Donate on May3 rd at: https://greatgiveflorida.org/npo/s-b-idea-inc
Funds generated from this 24 hour online fundraising program will help us continue the Family Education and Empowerment Programs at Forest Hill Elementary School and Lakeside Presbyterian Church.
This community-wide event celebrates the spirit of giving and the collective effort it takes to strengthen our community while raising critical funds for hundreds of local nonprofits serving every need.
Parent Power Alliance
A Family Education and Empowerment Program designed to:
- Inspire family values
- Promote an understanding of children’s developmental stages
- Create a learning culture in the home
- Assist in implementing positive discipline procedures
- Provide the knowledge and means for living a healthy and nutritional family life style
- Advance the partnership between home and school
- Raise parent’s support in their child’s educational experience
- Elevate parent expectations
- Encourage the legacy of reading
- Children are not reading at grade level
- Children are not entering Kindergarten ready to learn
- Children do not have the basic vocabulary and language skills needed to learn how to read
The Solution: Family Education
- Teach the parent to read, write, and speak English
- Teach the parent how to be their child’s first and most important teacher
- Teach the parent the skills needed to be an involved parent that nurtures their children for success.
Statistics support the positive impact all parents have when they are involved in their children’s education:
- The performance advantage among students whose parents read to them in their early years is evident regardless of the family’s socioeconomic background (PISA-OECD)
- Parental involvement is a more significant factor in children’s academic performance than the qualities of their school (NC State University)
- Parental involvement is directly tied to student performance and has a sustained impact—15-year-old students whose parents often read books with them during their first year of primary school show markedly higher scores in Program for International Student Assessment than students whose parents read with them infrequently or not at all
The results of this program generates responsible, nurturing and English literate parents who are empowered to be their child’s first and most important teacher and set their family on the path of life-long learning and a healthy lifestyle.
Parent Power Alliance has had a positive effect on the community by making a difference in:
- The overall numbers of children missing school days due to health problems
- Lack of parent support and involvement
- A positive effect in the social and emotional development of their children, and ultimately, a future generation that is literate and academically successful
Parent Power Alliance assist in the development of:
- English speaking, listening, reading & writing skills. ESOL
- Nurturing Parent Tips
- A positive home learning culture
- Language development with children 0-3 years old
- School readiness skills for Kindergarten
- A full partnership and support with children’s educational experiences
- Positive discipline procedures
- Social & Emotional Development
- Family learning
- Family values